Thursday, August 3, 2023

Encouragement- it has the word Courage right in it!!!

 A little encouragement goes a long way. I was listening to the podcast "Craft your Life with Altenew" and the founders of that amazing stamp company were talking about how they got started. Tasnim said that she began card making and was encouraged by her husband to start a blog and share her creations. When she resisted, he actually set up the blog for her! Wow! That simple act by her husband really exemplifies encouragement. For most of my life I have been the encouragER, not the encouragEE. Giving encouragement comes very naturally to me and it is one thing that led me to want to be a teacher. Receiving encouragement is another story and it's something I don't feel that I accept well.  I am a true introvert at heart and fear holds me back in many ways. For example, I've started this darn blog but have not told anyone about it! Why? I'm afraid "people" will judge it as stupid. 

Around the time I started this blog I started a new Instagram to share my cards. I was horrified when Meta automatically posted my card photos to my Facebook wall! I didn't want my FB friends to know about my crafting, only my crafty friends! After all, my craft people are mostly in cyberspace, my FB people are real! They are going to be so much more judgmental, right?? They are not going to understand this online sharing of cards. Actually, I was wrong in that assumption. Those accidental posts gathered a LOT of interest and positive comments. All this to say, perhaps I SHOULD be braver and "put myself out there" as people are always telling me. Hmmm. I don't know about that. Maybe I will take some baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Watercolor

 I’m a watercolor artist wannabe. Truthfully, I don’t think there are enough hours in the day for me to practice enough to get good at it. I...