Monday, August 7, 2023

Plastic!!!

 Something that has been on my mind is the amount of plastic used in crafting (and the packaging of crafts). Years ago, I used to make money envelopes (with the oval window for the face of the bill) for my neighbor to give at Christmas time. I did this by tracing around a template and hand cutting. So, I started thinking there's probably a die for that now & I wouldn't have to use the template any longer. When I searched for a die, I was shocked to find that the only money dies are ones that have a plastic tube that you attach to the card & you roll up the bills and stick them in the tube! WHY???? The old fashioned kind with the oval work just fine, they are flat and they fit in an envelope. 

OMG, don't get me started on sequins and pre-packaged ephemera.  I guess I am getting too old to craft!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Watercolor

 I’m a watercolor artist wannabe. Truthfully, I don’t think there are enough hours in the day for me to practice enough to get good at it. I...